BOWL FOR KIDS' SAKE - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How do I register for Bowl for Kids' Sake online?
Go to the Register as a Bowler button and complete the form. You will be guided through the registration process. Once your transaction is complete, you will receive a confirmation email receipt with a link to your fundraising webpage.
Do I need to personalize my page?
We find that people who edit their website to talk about why they are raising money for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta raised a lot more money. It only takes a few minutes to add a picture and a few words.
I am a Team Captain. What do I need to do?
1) Recruit 5 more people to join your team.
2) Sign up for a bowling session that works for your team.
3) Encourage team members to raise $250 or more to meet your $1,500 team goal. You can share information about the impact of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta on your community, keep your team informed about incentive prizes, and communicate their success (Scottie just got a $50 donation! Tommy has already exceeded his goal of $250! Our team just surpassed the $1,500 mark!)
4) Have Fun! Join us at the bowling center to celebrate your team’s success! Remember, it’s not about how good a bowler you are, it’s celebrating the impact the money your team collected will have on our community!
5) Say THANK YOU! Thank your team members for their time and commitment to participate! Don’t forget to say thank you to the people who donated to you! Call or e-mail them after the event to let them know how much money your team raised and thank them for supporting local children!
I need some quick ideas on how to fundraise. Any
Send emails and use social media to reach out to your networks. And don't forget about letters, phone calls, and even a bake sale. Get creative! Need more help? Give us a call! We're happy to brainstorm a few ideas with you!
How can I see who has donated to me and who has joined my team?
Log in to your personal page (Participant Center) to view sponsors and teammates.
Can friends and family make a donation to a Bowler by
going through the main website?
Yes. On the home page of the website, friends and family can locate a Bowler by clicking on the "Sponsor Bowler" button. By typing in the name of the Bowler, they will be directed to the Bowler's personalized pledge page.
Can my sponsors pay by cash or check? We encourage our bowlers to obtain online credit card donations for easier tracking, but you can also accept checks or cash if your donor prefers this method of payment. As a team captain you can go into your participant center and manually enter this cash or check gift. You will then ask your sponsor to send the check to BBBSMA indicating what team the credit should go to or bring the check to the event!
How does Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta utilize
Each team is asked to raise at least $1,500, which essentially supports one Big + Little match for a year! Check out the 'About Us' section for more information on the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta program.
Why is the "Sponsor Bowler" search not finding
a Bowler that I know has registered?
You must type in the first name or last name of the Bowler exactly how they entered it when they registered. It is not case sensitive. If you have a problem locating a Bowler that you are sure has registered, please contact us!
How can I see who has donated to me?
Login to your Participant Center. You can then view your Donor list and the amounts that have been donated.
All of my Donors are not showing up on the scroll
Some donors prefer to keep their gifts anonymous. When someone makes a donation, they can choose if they would like to have their name, donation amount, and/or a message appear on your personal page.
Is my information secure?
Yes. Blackbaud has made every effort to protect your information. We use industry-standard SSL encryption techniques to make sure that your credit card information, passwords, and personal information travel securely over the Internet. We have also installed an encryption engine on our database server so that your data is securely stored.